Workers’ Compensation for Artisan Contractors
Artisan contractors such as carpenters, electricians, and roofers, to name a few, have special needs and face unique risks. Risks due to using professional tools and equipment may mean that you need workers’ compensation more than ever before. Our Lone Star Insurance Agency agents are here to provide you with the information you need to make an informed decision about coverage.
What is Provided By Workers’ Compensation Insurance?
If an employee suffers an illness or injury that is work-related, workers’ compensation insurance may provide benefits, including:
· Medical benefits—Workers’ comp may provide payments to cover employees’ medical expenses (e.g., doctor and hospital visits) after a work-related injury or illness.
· Wage-loss benefits—Suppose a work-related injury or illness affects an employee’s ability to work at total capacity. In that case, wage-loss benefits may be provided until the employee has recovered or until the wage-loss benefit limit is reached.
· Vocational rehabilitation benefits—Suppose an employee is not able to return to their previous position. In that case, workers’ compensation may provide access to vocational rehabilitation services, which can help them gain new skills to reenter the workforce.
· Death/dependent benefits—Workers’ comp may help cover funeral costs and lost income if an employee passes away due to a work-related injury or illness. Spouses or dependents of the deceased may receive the benefits.
Workers’ compensation programs and the benefits they provide vary by state. Speak with your agent about coverages, duration and limits of help, and legal requirements of workers’ compensation.
How Much Does Workers’ Compensation Insurance Cost?
Worker’s compensation insurance costs will vary from policy to policy, depending on certain factors. Your premium may be influenced by the following:
· Employees’ work classification
· Claims history
Learn More About Workers’ Compensation
At Lone Star Insurance Agency, we are prepared to help you sort through your coverage options, no matter your field. If you’re an artisan contractor looking for protection from work-related injury or illness, contact an agent to learn more about the benefits of workers’ compensation insurance today.
This blog is intended for informational and educational use only. It is not exhaustive and should not be construed as legal advice. Don’t hesitate to get in touch with your insurance professional for further information.
Tags: Workers Compensation