Top 10 Excuses for Driving While Phoning
Admit it, most of us use the phone while we are in the car. Many places prohibit using a cell phone in a school zone and some municipalities have recently made it on offense to text while driving. Canada apparently has a similar problem. According to a recent article in The Insurance Journal magazine the Insurance Corporation of British Columbia, a Canadian auto insurer, with the help from local police, compiled a list of the top 10 excuses from local motorists when they were caught using handheld cellphones while driving. The top 10 excuses were found to be:
- This is a bogus law.
- It was my boss on the phone- I had to answer it.
- I wasn’t using it- I just like to hold it.
- Sorry officer, I didn’t see you trying to pull me over because I was on my phone.
- But it was an emergency call to my wedding planner.
- My Bluetooth died.
- Driver: I’m using my speakerphone. Police officer: No, you’re holding your phone in one hand and steering wheel with the other.
- I’m not driving; I was stopped at a red light.
- I wasn’t talking, I was checking my messages.
- I was just checking the time.
So, how about it- if you were caught driving and using the phone where you aren’t supposed to, what would your excuse be?